A Multi Denominational Community Church
The foundation and history of NCC is formed by three Protestant denominations: The United Church of Christ, The United Methodist Church, and the American Baptist Church. Being a community church, our pews are filled with people from these three denominations as well as many others, and further there are some folks who claim no denominational affiliation at all. To us, this is not only okay, but a wonderful diversity of ideas and beliefs focused on building our faith in God through Jesus Christ. We meet each other where we are on our journeys of faith and do life together; building relationships that matter, serving others with love, and following the teachings of Jesus.
All are welcome at NCC where you’ll find people with different faith traditions and backgrounds who join together to find meaningful connection and purpose. We center on the “good news” of Jesus Christ and recognize that faith is a journey that takes time, and we’re always growing in faith.
Inspired by God, NCC works to:
- walk together in Christian love and fellowship
- bring the “Good News” of God’s love into the world through actions and words
- offer praise and gratitude to God through faithful worship, fellowship, and stewardship.
- care for each other, the community, and the world as members of the body of Christ.
Guiding Principles of Faith at NCC
- We take scripture seriously, but not literally.
- We hold a deep belief in the centrality of the instruction to love one another, (John 15:17) within the teachings of Jesus Christ and promote values such as compassion, justice, mercy, and tolerance.
- God seeks and affirms all people with perfect, unconditional love.
- God is still speaking through the Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant a great diversity of faithful people.
- God calls people into relationship, to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be servants to one another, resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ’s baptism and Holy Communion, and to do our part to bring God’s kingdom on earth.
- God promises forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, the presence of the Holy Spirit in trial and rejoicing, and life everlasting which has no end.
The NCC Constitution
NCC is a Christian church which is operated for the people by the people. The NCC Constitution includes the details of the church covenant and governance and guides church leaders and members in all transactions of the church, with the help of God.
You are invited to review the church constitution here: