A Multi Denominational Community Church
The foundation and history of NCC is formed by three Protestant denominations: The United Church of Christ, The United Methodist Church, and the American Baptist Church. Being a community church, our pews are filled with people from these three denominations as well as many others, and further there are some folks who claim no denominational affiliation at all. To us, this is not only okay, but a wonderful diversity of ideas and beliefs focused on building our faith in God through Jesus Christ. We meet each other where we are on our journeys of faith and do life together; building relationships that matter, serving others with love, and following the teachings of Jesus.
You don’t have to believe in God to be welcome at NCC. We think you’ll find that there are people here with all levels of belief who, nevertheless, find meaningful connection and purpose. Of course, most of us believe in God and in the “good news” of Jesus Christ, but getting to that point is a journey which can take time, and you’re welcome to journey along with us at NCC!
Inspired by God, NCC works:
- To walk together in Christian love and fellowship
- To bring the “Good News” of God’s love into the world through actions and words
- To offer praise and thanksgiving through faithful worship and fellowship
- To care for each other, the community, and the world as members of one body of Christ.
Guiding Principles of Faith at NCC
- God is made known to all in the life and teaching of Jesus Christ.
- God calls the worlds into being, creates humankind in the divine image, and sets before all the ways of life and death.
- God seeks and accepts all in holy love.
- Jesus Christ, being both fully human and fully divine is Lord.
- God is still speaking through the Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant all types of faithful people.
- God calls people into the church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be servants in the service of the whole human family, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, and to share in Christ’s baptism and Holy Communion.
- God promises to all who trust in the gospel forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, the presence of the Holy Spirit in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in that kingdom which has no end.